Cosmetic Surgery Preparation Checklist
The staff at Rice Cosmetic Surgery, in Toronto, Ontario, have compiled the information below to help you prepare for your surgery.
Three Weeks Before Surgery
In some cases, we may ask you to stop sooner. Smoking can interfere with healing by constricting and decreasing blood flow all over the body which may prevent the wound from healing properly.
IMPORTANT: Smoking causes severe complications!
Make a list of all medications! (Over-the-counter and prescribed)
For your well being, you must provide a complete list of all medications that you take, either over-the- counter (including supplements and vitamins) or prescribed, before your upcoming procedure.
Medications may interfere with the clotting process of blood and it is crucial that we know everything that you are currently taking or may take in the near future.
You will be instructed your Rice Cosmetic Surgery counsellor to temporarily discontinue certain medications in the weeks ahead.
The Night Before Surgery
If you are having I.V. Sedation or General Anesthesia:
- NOTHING to eat or drink after 12 Midnight the night prior to your procedure.
- Make arrangements prior to the day of surgery for someone else to drive you home and stay with you for at least 24 hours after surgery.
The Day of Surgery
- You are permitted to brush your teeth and rinse with mouthwash. Do not swallow any liquids.
- Do not use breath mints or chewing gum.
- Do not apply makeup, deodorant, lotions, fingernail polish, hairpins or moisturizer.
- Do not wear jewelry or valuables.
- Do not wear contacts. Bring a case for glasses.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing: a button up front shirt, elastic waist pants and slip-on shoes. No jeans or jumpsuits.
- You will need a ride to and from the office for the procedure.
FOR LOCAL PROCEDURES WITH ORAL SEDATION
- No food or caffeine for four (4) hours before procedure.
- You may have a light meal prior to your procedure. Avoid greasy and spicy food.
- Have someone drive you to your appointment and drive you home.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]